您的位置:首頁>正文

英語口語乾貨:快來看老外是如何說“慫”的!

慫“這個字幾乎被國內外的朋友們玩壞了。 在國內, 人們通常用”慫“來形容那些軟弱無能的人。 可是不知道哪個朋友竟然把它拆解為“從心”(follow your heart), 這樣錯誤的翻譯, 真讓人哭笑不得。 下面, 帶著大家看看老外是如何用英語表達“慫”的吧。

(1)coward

(1)懦夫

I was, to my shame, a coward.

我很慚愧, 我是個懦夫。

He's a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood.

他是一個懦夫, 一個分不清蠻力和大丈夫氣概的恃強淩弱者。

But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward.

但是同時我不得不承認我是一個天生的懦夫。

would be a coward if I left now.

如果我現在離開, 就成了一個懦夫。

(2)wimp

(2)軟骨頭

But he looks like such a wimp: I'm afraid he doesn't have the guts to handle a realcrisis when it comes up.

可是, 他看起來像個軟骨頭。 我擔心, 在真正發生危機的時候, 他可能不會有足夠的勇氣來處理問題。

I was a wimp.

我是個窩囊廢。

What a wimp that boy is!

那真是個沒有骨氣的男孩。

(3)weakling

(3)沒用的人

Think that weakling is a worthy opponent?

你認為那個懦夫配做我的對手嗎?

Next time I'll leave you in the trash, weakling!

下次我不幫你了, 沒用的傢伙!

You are a miserable weakling.

你是一個可憐的弱者。

(4)wuss

(4)膽小鬼

Are you being a wuss?

你想當膽小鬼?

I'll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss.

我告訴你們, 是懦夫, 是膽小鬼!

(5)Craven

(5)懦夫

No man wants to be thought a craven person.

沒有人希望被人認為是個懦夫。

A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene.

英雄冒著生命危險區幫助別人;而懦夫卻臨陣脫逃。

同類文章
Next Article
喜欢就按个赞吧!!!
点击关闭提示